Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Fuzzy Mice Vs Pinky Rats

Grandfather pickles Kazik

grandmother passed away too early, Kazik grandfather learned to be a Lord and Lady of the house at the same time. The kitchen became the champion of the world is doing a great fish in Greek, sensational soups (This talent took him to my uncle Jasper) ... and the cucumbers. Do not eat so good. Grandpa says that it depends of cucumbers, and since it has no plot, not doing them anymore. And I insisted. It seems that the cucumbers are important, but the amount of salt, horseradish, garlic and even more important. Came out like I remember. Spying on mom thank you for your culinary memory of my grandfather. Kazik's grandfather, the king of the dance floor, I greet.

pickles Grandfather Kazik

1 tablespoon of salt per liter of water
hard and not too large cucumbers
much garlic
many roots of horseradish dill
podsuszony

I pack cucumbers in jars, as the most densely possible. Prior to throw in the bottom 3-5 cloves garlic, cut into thick cubes of horseradish root (about 3 cm on the jar - if thin root), fennel arrange vertically (2 cups), pour boiling water over 1 tablespoon of salt per liter (must splutter), shut off as hard as I can, I turn the jar and after an hour I turn back. Apparently you need to be pasteurized. I do not want to, so sometimes a jar was not closed. Then eat as quickly as possible.

cucumber from a photo I dedicate L.

0 comments:

Post a Comment